All trips are comprehensively insured, which means full cover for 3rd party damages (people & property), and includes damages to the rental car and theft, and any injuries. The exception is for cars aged above 12 years for which we offer third party insurance only. Please make sure to check the insurance details if it is comprehensive or third party depending upon the age of the car.
The details of the comprehensive insurance is as follows:
- Death or injury to third party (unlimited)
- Damage to third party property (up to S$5,000,000)
- Loss or damage to your vehicle from accident causes (up to market value at the time of loss or damage)
- Loss of damage by fire or theft (up to market value at the time of loss or damage)
- Personal accident benefits (up to S$50,000)
- Medical expenses (up to S$1,000)
- Towing services (up to S$500) and windscreen cover
Please note that the Drive lah protection is available only to rentals done on cars of private hosts. For commercial host's cars, the insurance is provided by the host themselves and not by Drive lah.
For cars aged above 12 years, only third party insurance is offered. For guests, the standard excess of $3000, and additional excess (for drivers between 22 - 24 years old) of $1000 still applies. Any additional damages/charges shall be borne by the host.