1. What is Drive lah Go and how does it work?
Drive lah GO is a technology that we have introduced which allows keyless access to cars on our platform. With this technology, our hosts can now unlock their cars with their phones via a cloud key, and share this access with their guests, friends and family. This technology is brought to our hosts in collaboration with Quantum Inventions.
2. How do I operate Drive lah Go with SLICK Mobile App?
Drive lah hosts can operate the Drive lah Go technology with SLICK Mobile App on both IOS and Android devices. We are moving to fully integrate the keyless access feature with the Drive lah App in the near future.
3. How to connect SLICK Mobile App to your vehicle?
- Select the car you wish to connect to. You can do so by swiping right/left on the app to choose the required vehicle
- Tap on the 'Connect' button. **
- Once you have successfully connected to the car, you will see a gold tick to confirm connection.
- You will now be able to see the lock, unlock and disconnect buttons on your screen.
- You have now successfully connected to your car & can now lock/unlock your car with your phone. Please note that the lock/unlock feature will only work when your phone is in close proximity to your car, just like your physical key.
** For Android users - if your Bluetooth is turned off, you will be prompted to turn your Bluetooth on at this point. Tap on "Ok" and the Bluetooth will be automatically turned on.
** For iOS users - If your Bluetooth is turned off, you will be prompted to turn on Bluetooth with a pop-up message. If you click "Ok", you will be redirected to the 'Settings' page on your phone where you will need to manually turn on Bluetooth before connecting to the car.
4. How can I share access for Drive lah Go?
Login to SLICK App, you will see the Shared Driver(s) option at the bottom of the app. Click on it and add the email address of the guest/user that you want to share the key with.
The guest/user will then receive an email from SLICK, please follow the instructions on the email to get access to SLICK App and your vehicle.
5. Can I share Drive lah Go access for a limited period of time?
Yes, hosts may share access for the period of time their guests are renting the car for by clicking on the “clock” icon next to his/her email address.
6. What is the pick up/drop off process like with Drive lah Go?
If you have Drive lah Go installed, you may opt for a contactless pick up and drop off
- Add your guest’s email on the SLICK App, and your guest should receive an email with login instructions.
- Please ensure regular pick up and drop off procedure is still being followed for insurance purposes.
- Give clear instructions to your guest to locate and operate your vehicle.
- Before accepting the pick up request, double check that your guest has uploaded a selfie of them holding their driver’s license next to your car.
- After accepting the pick up request, you may then give him/her access on SLICK for the duration of the rental.
- Most importantly, be communicative and responsive to your guest in case he/she needs any extra guidance.
If you have rented a Drive lah Go enabled vehicle, you may opt for a contactless pick up and drop off:
- Before pick up, do download the SLICK App – from Quantum Inventions, and provide your host with your email address.
- Your host should add your email address on the app, and you will receive an email with login instructions.
- When you arrive to collect the car at the designated parking spot provided by your host, please ensure regular pick up and drop off procedure is still being followed for insurance purposes.
- Do upload a selfie of you holding your driver’s license next to your host’s car along with other car photos when requesting for pick up.
- Your host should then grant you access on SLICK for the duration of the rental, and you may unlock the car with Bluetooth via the app.
- Most importantly, be respectful of your host’s car rules and return the vehicle in a clean condition with the same level of fuel provided at pick up.
7. I need help with operating Drive lah Go.
Please refer to our basic troubleshooting FAQ here or approach our friendly customer support for help.