Only Drive lah verified guests can book and drive a car during a Drive lah trip. To be a “Verified guest” means that the guest has provided and updated all required documentation, continues to meet all Drive lah eligibility requirements, and that the guest is currently in good standing.
Engaging in any Prohibited Uses with a vehicle booked through Drive lah will be grounds for fines, suspension, and/or cancellation of your membership. It will also lower the guest’s liability coverage to Singapore’s minimum limits or nullify coverage where allowable by applicable Singapore law; if the host has encouraged the engagement in a Prohibited Use, a fine and/or suspension may be enforced. Engaging in any Prohibited Uses will also eliminate any coverage for the guest for any claims related to physical damage.
Prohibited vehicle uses and activities include:
- Permitting someone who is not an Approved Driver to drive a vehicle booked via Drive lah.
- Allowing the vehicle to be pushed or towed by anyone other than an authorized law enforcement or service vehicle.
- Using a vehicle booked through Drive lah
- to tow or push anything.
- other than on paved roads (whether "off-roading," driving on unimproved roads or parking areas, or otherwise).
- in any race, test, or competition. with the intention to cause damage, or with wanton, willful, or reckless disregard for safety.
- to carry persons or property "for hire" or to carry persons or property for compensation or a fee, including, but not limited to, taxi services, parcel, food, or grocery delivery services. You may, however, use the car for business purposes, such as attending meetings and carrying associated materials.
- unless a trip has been booked. Using vehicles without a reservation or outside your trip time constitutes unauthorized use.
- during or as part of the commission of a crime or any other illegal activity or purpose.
- while the driver is under the influence of alcohol above the legal limit.
- any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended.
- when it has been loaded beyond its rated capacity or with more passengers than the vehicle has seat belts.
- outside the approved geographical areas of use as specified during the booking.
- without a valid license, or if you do not meet our Eligibility Requirements. It is your responsibility to inform us when your license is expired or suspended, or if you believe you may no longer meet our Eligibility Requirements.
- to transport any flammable, toxic, volatile, poisonous, dangerous, or illegal substances.
- to transport a pet without the host’s explicit consent. Guests who bring pets on their trip may still be subject to cleaning fees.
- Making any alterations, additions or improvements to any vehicle.
- Smoking in the car.
- Fueling a vehicle with an improper type of fuel.
- Leaving a vehicle unattended while it is running or with the keys in the vehicle.
Drive lah would charge a $100 admin fee to the guest for any prohibited use in addition to the fine for violation depending upon the nature of the same. The fine shall assessed by Drive lah and paid to the Host.